Flooded With Peace and Sitting Among Friends Blog Party #12

I was heading down the road to begin my hour drive to the University Clinic.

All of a sudden, I was overwhelmed with uncertainty and worry. The tears began to flow. I have been down this road before with my little guy.

Some of you may have experienced something similar. You go to the doctor for a routine or not so routine visit and they look you over and their conclusion, “I don’t know.”

I don’t know how many times I have heard this from doctors. These are top-notch doctors in their field of medicine. This is not about their lack of qualifications.

This is about a God who is not concerned with how much we know or think we know, he finds ways to remind us that He’s got this one. He knows.

I know that doctors don’t know everything but that is one diagnosis I don’t like to hear. I want to cry out, "tell me something, anything  at all but not, “I don’t know.”


Diagnosis - I don't know.
When my son was 7 weeks old, we opened a diaper to discover blood. Diagnosis, “I, don’t know.”

When he was 3 and 5 months old he had a systemic reaction to vaccinations (this is not a post about vaccinations). Diagnosis, “I, don’t know. In fact, we have never seen this before and can’t find any other cases.”

When he was 3 and 4 years old we questioned his balance and excessive falling. Diagnosis, “I don’t know.”

So here we are on another trip with Dr. “I don’t know.”
I think I am okay as long as I can get an answer. My drive alone with a small child depending on me is leaving me completely overwhelmed.

As I begin to quickly lay this at the feet of Jesus and cover this in tear-filled prayers, He gently reminds me, “I know.”

He knows. I don’t know and the doctors may not know but He knows.

I felt an overwhelming rush of peace and calmness flush through my aching heart. These words play over and over in my head like a sweet melody, He knows. He knows!

We can choose to be consumed by trying times. We can be overtaken with worry, regret, doubt and fear.

Or

We can take comfort and relinquish this to the All-Knowing God who has already seen this all play out. In fact, He has set a path for us and marked a way for us to see it through. 

With my son, this time, turned out to be okay and most of our “I don’t know” diagnoses have been revealed. God is awesome and always has a way of us relying on Him alone.

I hope these verses throughout were an encouragement and they speak to your heart in times like these when you, too, are in a place of uncertainty. Left with the question or the feeling of who knows.









Be assured, my friends,
God knows!


While you're here, sit down with some of my friends. They are amazing writers with so many great stories to share with you. Just clink on a link below and you will go directly to their site where you can get to know them more. 

Please, linkup your family-friendly inspiring stories, recipes, DIY, homeschool, giveaways, and your life's greatest passions. 
Friends are here to encourage and challenge us in our walk of life so enjoy!

Thank you for posting and linking up. I try to read and comment on as many of these wonderful posts as I can and as time allows. I just want to say you are all doing wonderful work and praise the Lord that I have had the opportunity to come across the path of so many of you. 

This party has been fantastic and it is thanks to all of you who stop by and Share this party with your friends. Together we can make this a great place. There are easy share buttons to your left or at the bottom of each post (mobile) and after you linkup. 


Thanks! From all of us at  #SittingAmongFriends 



An InLinkz Link-up



Need a Friendly Reminder for Sitting Among Friends Blog Party? Yes, Sign Me Up!

* indicates required


Email Format

If you missed last week's post, Read it Here! 
Is Love Just a Trend? and Sitting Among Friends Blog Party #11

Labels: , , , , , ,