Change? A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a post about change, The New Has Come! Change as humans is not something we will ever escape.
Every day we are a day older. We change seasons in life. Kids to Adults. Students to graduates. Single to married. Childless to a Family. It is something to embrace or fight.
Change as a believer is inevitable. According to Ezekiel God gives us a new heart. One not just made of stone as stated in Ezekiel but one made of flesh. I praise the Lord for it. It is an amazing victory! Nothing shy of a miracle.
What about those days it doesn’t feel like a victory? What about when it feels like a battle? What about when I don’t feel like an overcomer but feel overcome?
Before you go, I want to give you some verses to help you when you feel like you are in the trenches of life and need the hope of a new tomorrow.
My trench may not be the same as yours, but I hope these verses will be something you, too, can hold on to.
Ever since I wrote that piece, I have been to struggling with this inevitable change that happens at this time of year. It is the realization that my children are another year older.
I don’t know about you, but I do not like the end of the school year. Not because it means my kids will be home with me all summer (I LOVE that part), but because they are another grade older.
My babies seem to be growing up before my eyes and I feel if I blink too long, it will all be gone. Let me hear from you mamas out there. How do you or did you feel about another school year passed? How do you handle changes or seasons of your child’s life?
The end of the school year. I don’t think it affects my husband in the same way, or at least it doesn’t seem to. Me, I am a wreck. I feel completely overwhelmed and saddened. What about you daddies out there? How do you feel after the end of the year? How do you handle the changing seasons of your children’s lives?
Here are the verses I promised. If you are struggling like me, put them on a post-it. Hang them on the door frames of your hearts and repeat God’s Word for comfort and guidance.
You don’t have to do this alone. God is always there for you and His Word can provide the steps to peace and calm hearts.
When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. Isaiah 43:2 (NLT)
I know you all are treasuring these moments!
However, Mary continued to treasure all these things in her heart and to ponder them. Luke 2:19 (ISV)
A treasured gift!
Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Psalm 127:3 (NLT)
God is our constant! When change seems to be too much, we can rely on Him as our constant no matter what we are feeling.
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:17 (ESV)
What are your favorite verses when you feel anxious about the end or beginning of a new stage in your life? What are the verses you hold onto as the anchor of your heavy heart? Please share any tips, tricks, or verses to encourage us through this stage or season of life to the next.
I would also like to announce the winner of the ESV Family Devotional Bible is Lisa E.
While you're here, sit down with some of my friends.
WOW! Last week had 113 Amazing posts. This party has been wonderful and it is thanks to you, friends, who link-up with us and those who stop by and read! Thank you!
Please remember to visit other friends when you are posting.
They are amazing writers with so many great stories to share with you. Just click on a link below and you will go directly to their site where you can get to know them more.
Please, link-up (up to 3) of your family-friendly inspiring stories, recipes, DIY, homeschool, giveaways, or share your life's greatest passions.
Friends are here to encourage and challenge us in our walk of life, so enjoy!
Thank you for posting and linking up. I try to read and comment on as many of these wonderful posts as I can and as time allows. I just want to say you are all doing wonderful work and praise the Lord that I have had the opportunity to come across the path of so many of you.
This party has been fantastic and it is thanks to all of you who stop by and Share this party with your friends. Together, we can make this our great place. There are easy share buttons to your left or at the bottom of each post (mobile) and after you link-up. Tweets with #SittingAmongFriends will be re-tweeted!
Thanks! From all of us at #SittingAmongFriends
Labels: A treasured Gift, Children, Isaiah 43:2, James 1:17, Luke 2:9, Psalm 127:3, School, Sitting Among Friends Blog Party