My son asked me an interesting question today. At first, I wondered about what must have been going through his head. After thinking about his curiosity, I realized it is a question we all have we just don’t always think of it in these terms.
The conversation went like this…
Mom, does everything have an expiration date?
I had to think about it. Before I could get in any real thought, the one-sided conversation went flying.
Well, the towel doesn’t have an expiration date, does it? A bar of soap? That doesn’t really expire. Well, maybe it does. You know that teacher that had his kids buy the Twinkie that lasted for 40 years. They ate some and put one on the plate. That is still good. Maybe, Twinkies don’t expire.
Then came the kicker…
Do we have an expiration date? Well, maybe not. Well, I guess we do. Well, we won’t have one in heaven.
Oh, from the mouth of a babe.
Do we have an expiration date?
It’s what we all know to be true. It’s something we don’t often want to face. To face our own mortality can be scary. It puts life in quick perspective.
In today’s world, we seem to be faced with a lot of uncertainty.
Sometimes, feelings of hopelessness and the feeling of being defeated.
Friends, there is good news. There is hope. We can have that hope in Jesus.
Faith in Christ can give us the assurance that we need. Life in this world is temporary but eternal life, life after this world, is exactly what the word says. It is forever.
Although there are many different views on life after death it is certain that everyone wonders about life after death.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart, yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
Not coincidentally, eternal life or the longing for the eternal was set in our hearts by our creator. Simply put, whether we believe in eternity or life eternally with Christ, our creator has put the longing to even wonder about eternity in our hearts. I have to say, He is nothing shy of amazing.
It can feel confusing. We have this longing and at first, we are not always sure what it is. We seek it out in so many ways and places. When it all seems to be unfulfilling and unsatisfying to the longing of our heart, we are left empty.
But how can we be sure that if we accept the gift Christ has to offer us of life eternal that it will be certain. Most of us won’t take something, even something free, without a guarantee or warranty.
One of my favorite guarantees comes from Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
We can have confidence. I love that word. I can know that if I put my faith and trust in Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, I can have assurance in what He says is going to happen. Even though I can’t see it, my faith and hope in Christ are secure.
Giving your life to Christ means recognizing that you are a sinner (this means that you have done wrong against God).
Romans 3:23 tells us that All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.
This brings us to the next thing we need to realize, God is perfect.
This has left a giant gap between our sin and God’s Glory. You can think of it like the bridge to heaven is out because it is broken by our sin.
The Good News of the Gospel says that because of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, a way was made for the bridge to be fixed so we could join God in heaven. That longing that was placed in our heart can be satisfied through a relationship with Jesus.
Here’s How: You can pray this prayer.
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner. I ask for you to forgive me. I believe that you died on the cross and rose from the dead. I want to trust and give my life to you. I want to follow you as Lord and Savior of my Life. Lord, guide me and help me to do your will in my life. In your Name, Amen!
I would love to have a further conversation with you. If you said this prayer or have more questions, feel free to email me at youresewtrendy@gmail.com.
I don’t want you to miss this opportunity. If you would like to chat with someone directly or have more questions. I have placed a link here to
Peace With God {dot} net. It is a site through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. It is an amazing resource! It has videos and follow-up resources and someone you can chat with directly, which is open 24 hours.
I hope you have a wonderful week. Before you go. I would like for you to visit some of my friends, they are amazing and have wonderful sites. Also, meet my featured friend of the week.
*New To Sitting Among Friends Blog Party*
I am glad to call you, friend! Here is a badge you are welcome to post on your site!
I am going to be sharing a Featured Friend, weekly! I love that so many of you come and share with us every week and I would love to highlight your work! The friend that I have chosen this week is... Christa From Do A New Thing!
Every week, Christa has something new to teach me about being a blogger. This week I was so impacted by her post. She discussed the sad loss of her friend and the role she had in online ministry. Christa, as always encouraged us in our walk with Christ and how to incorporate that into an online ministry. She talks about leaving a legacy with our families so they see us not just sitting as our computer but know how we are serving Christ. Thank you so much, Christa. I am happy to call you friend!
While you're here, sit down with some of my friends.
WOW! I know Summer is busy so I thank you all for coming here and for the 96 Amazing posts. This party has been wonderful and it is thanks to you, friends, who link-up with us and those who stop by and read and SHARE! Thank you!
You all are amazing writers who share DIY's, Recipes, Photos, Giveaways, Homeschool and Family and Faith. Many of you have amazing journeys of faith and I praise the Lord we are able to connect here!
Friends are here to encourage and challenge us in our walk of life, so enjoy!
There are easy share buttons to your left or at the bottom of each post (mobile) and after you link-up. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! From all of us at #SittingAmongFriends
Labels: Christ, Ecclesiastes 3:11, Eternity, Hebrews 11:1, PeaceWithGod.Net, Romans 3:23 Forgiveness, The Cross, The Resurrection