My Weary Soul and Sitting Among Friends #44


I have never written a post like this before but I hope it encourages your heart. I have been feeling so exhausted lately. Just completely weary. Anyone know what I am saying?
It just seems with everything we are doing we are left ragged.

I finally realized tonight, I had not asked God to take that burden from me. Matthew 11:28 says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

I need rest. Not just for my tired body but for my tired soul. 
I. Just. Need. Some. Jesus!

When I am at my end I am not left without hope. I love that Jesus says, “Come to Me and I will give you rest.”

He doesn’t just give us a prescription for more sleep. He gives us a healthy dose of rest for our weary souls. Oh, how I need Jesus for my weary soul.

The rest of this post is from Isaiah 43. I love this chapter among some many other chapters in Isaiah because God tells us who He is and what we mean to Him.  Some days all I need is a Word from God not from anyone else. I am certain there is someone out there that could use a dose of Jesus today.

Please read these verses. When you comment below and please comment, I would really love to hear your heart on this passage.

Let me know what verse or verses stands out to you. I know that will be difficult considering they are all so rich and beautiful. 
Then let me know what they are speaking to your heart this week or how they have in the past.

I am glad that we are Sitting Among Friends and I am glad that you are here. Now let’s talk about Jesus!

But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! 
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.
 "For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I have given Egypt as your ransom, Cush, and Seba in your place. "Since you are precious in My sight. Since you are honored and I love you, I will give other men in your place and other peoples in exchange for your life.
"Do not fear, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, And gather you from the west. "I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' And to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring My sons from afar And My daughters from the ends of the earth, everyone who is called by My name, And whom I have created for My glory, whom I have formed, even whom I have made."         Isaiah 43:1-7 (NASB) 

Also, if you are encouraged by this and other articles you read here, could you please share this with your friends and family. I would love for them to join us.


I would love to connect with you on social media! 
You can Find Me at the Links Below!

Jaime Wiebel - Facebook | Twitter |  Pinterest |  Google+

This week's featured friend is Patrick Weseman from Adventures In Weseland. Patrick is a photography blogger. Every trip to his site includes pictures to some great place that he has visited. His pictures are full of beauty that he captures in his surroundings. I am so glad that you join us here every week, Patrick.
  



While you're here, sit down with some of my friends.



WOW! I know Summer is busy so I thank you all for coming here and for the 78 Amazing posts. This party has been wonderful and it is thanks to you, friends, who link-up with us and those who stop by and read and SHARE! Thank you!

You all are amazing writers who share Family and Faith, DIY's, Recipes, Photos, Giveaways, Homeschool and more. Many of you have amazing journeys of faith and I praise the Lord we are able to connect here!


There are easy share buttons to your left or at the bottom of each post (mobile) and after you link-up. Thanks for sharing! 

Thanks! From all of us at  #SittingAmongFriends

*** Joining Us Here? You are welcome to join me on Pinterest and Pin to Our Sitting Among Friends Blog Party Board where I will be happy to re-pin posts to my other boards. ***






An InLinkz Link-up


Want Reminders and Updates for Sitting Among Friends Blog Party. 

Yes, Sign Me Up!

* indicates required






Email Format


Labels: , , , ,